Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

Ice Cream Play Date Fun!

I scream! You scream! We all scream for ice cream!
I planned this play date because I'm a lover of all things ice cream and all things MESSY!  This play date
was particularly easy to plan because there was not much involved.  As the host, I supplied ice cream (and frozen yogurt for the babies) and each attendee simply brought 1 topping for the adults and one for the kids.  Take a look at all the stuff we ended up with even with a small group!

We each created a bowl of ice cream for our kids and let them explore it freely.  We supplied lots of different textures to foster a full sensory experience.  There were sticky sauces, crumbly cake, squishy fruit and more.  I think my favorite part was watching each of the kids put great effort into properly using their spoons.  While our babies happily played away, the mommies made and enjoyed our own bowls of ice cream!

I would like to give a special thanks to all the moms who made homemade toppings!

No comments:

Post a Comment